Online Reference LinksUse the following resources to help you find a multitude of subjects at the click of a mouse...
» IPL2 Ready Reference (Internet Public Library)
» SOLS Clearinghouse Ready Reference
» A Core Collection of E-Reference Tools
» Internet Public Library (IPL2)
» Bibliothèque de Référence Virtuelle
Education, Literacy & Childcare
- Smiths Falls District Collegiate Institute
- St John Catholic High School
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- Upper Canada District School Board (UCDSB)
- EQAO Education Quality and Accountability Office
OSSLT Materials shared with educators and the public.
- The Language Express
Assesses, and treats preschoold children with speech and language difficulties.
- Ontario Literacy Program
- Youth (Government of Ontario)
Here you will find information about programs and services available to youth in the province. Youth can also find out more about volunteering, education and getting connected through the Premier's OnZone.
- Children (Government of Ontario)
Find information about the wide range of programs and services the Ontario Government offers for children.
- Children's Mental Health Ontario
- Childrens' Resources on Wheels | Ontario Early Years Centre
Children's Resources on Wheels is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening child care, family life, child development and community links in Lanark County. They currently provide Lanark families with two main streams of service: Ontario Early Years and Licensed Child Care.
- County of Lanark Children's Services
There are different types of child care options to help meet the needs of parents, families and children. You can arrange to have full-time child care, or part-time care available within the County of Lanark/Town of SmithsFalls.
Encyclopedias & Reference
- Canada 411 Telephone Directory
Find a person or business. Use reverse lookup, and more.
- Canada Post - Postal Code Lookup
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online
Learn about the people who played an important role in the formation of Canada.
- Canadian Encyclopedia Online
The encyclopedia of music in Canada.
- Canadian Almanac & Directory
- Britannica Online Reference Center
- Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
- World Book Online
- Atlas of Canada
Telling Canada's Story with Maps
- National Geographic Map Machine
Browse through a collection of our world-renowned cartography.
- Bartelby.com Quotations
- Roget's Thesauri
- InformationPlease Almanac
- Government of Canada
The Canadian Government's official website.
- Service Canada
Access information for programs including education and training, employment, health, housing, immigration, income assistance, legal assistance, savings plans, special events, starting a bsiness, travel, employment insurance.
- Community Access Program (CAP)
Provides thousands of Canadians affordable access to the Internet in places like schools, community centres and libraries.
- HRSDC Job Bank
An online listing of jobs provided by employers across Canada.
- Canada Business Services
Find services for Canadian entrepreneurs.
- Canada Ontario Business Service Centre
- Canadian Consumer Handbook
- Government of Ontario
The Government of Ontario Official Website.
- Service Ontario
Find out how and where you can access government services.
- Heritage Designation
The Smiths Falls and District Public Library was officially designated a Canadian Historical site on October 17, 1983.
- About My Property
Offered by MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation) AboutMyPropertyT is a secure, online service that provides property taxpayers with convenient access to property assessment information. Through AboutMyPropertyT, property taxpayers can access property assessment information, site information and recent sales information on their own property and similar properties - free of charge.
Health & Wellness
- Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport
The Ministry's vision is to enable Ontarians to lead healthy, active lives and make the province a healthy, prosperous place to live, work, play, learn and visit.
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Community & Primary Health Care
- South East Local Health Integration Network
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
- MedlinePlus Health Information
MedlinePlus Health Information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Mayo Clinic
More than 3,300 physicians, scientists and researchers from Mayo Clinic share their expertise to help you manage your health.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Take charge of your health! Find research-based information on treatments and conditions.
MerckSource offers a wide variety of core health tools and resources, available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Canada’s Food Guide
Eating well with Canada's food guide. Food guide basics, choosing foods, and more...
Local Sites & Municipal LinksFor more interesting local links, see our Sites of Local Interest »
- Rideau Canal Museum
Located in Smiths Falls, Ontario. Find information on history, tours, fees, etc.
- Rideau Canal World Heritage Site
- Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario
Located in Smiths Falls, Ontario. Housed in a former Canadian Northern Railway Station built in 1914. See steam and diesel locomotives, as well as exhibits in the Station building. Large tour groups and school classes are welcome!
- Volunteers Rail Museum
SFRMEO Photo Album #3 depicting volunteer activities. Our volunteers make the Smiths Falls Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario possible. Here are some of them in action.
- Smiths Falls Triathlon
Sign up for another go at this annual triathlon and enjoy the uniqueness that is Smiths Falls - Canada's original swim-bike-run triathlon.
- Seven Wonders of Lanark County
Nominate an outstanding site of natural or built heritage in the County of Lanark.
Please Note: The Library and its web developers cannot be held liable or responsible for the content of these links or where they are hosted.