Computers, Internet & WirelessThe library has several computers to provide the public with high speed access to the Internet and to word processing software. Current available applications are:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Publisher)
We've Gone Wireless!The library provides free wireless access. It is available for your laptop or wireless device 24/7. No password required. The Library’s wireless network is not secure. It is the responsibility of the wireless network user to protect themselves with up-to-date virus protection, firewalls and other security measures.
Reserve a ComputerSome of our computers may be booked up to a week in advance. We also have computers available on a first come, first served basis. To book a computer call or drop by the Library to see what is avail-able. You are allowed up to one hour of Internet time per day. If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
Online ResourcesThe library now offers a variety of online resources that you can access from the library or at home. Search the catalogue and online databases, read ebooks, and more! Learn more »
Policies & ProceduresDue to increased demand for the internet, library staff reserve the right to limit time and suspend computer priveledges if you abuse the rules. Here is the procedure to follow, to use the library computers:
- If you are using a computer for the first time, you must complete and sign a user agreement.
- You are allowed one hour of internet time per day.
- Check the booking sheets to see which computers and time slots are available. Please put your name in an empty slot only.
- Booking sheets can be found at the reference desk on the main floor.
- Sign in before using the computer. Please be on time. We will only hold your time slot for ten minutes.
- Sign out when you are done.